Saturday, July 14, 2012

Fast forward to 3 weeks


Week One: I was nervous to be discharged from the hospital. There is currently a huge fire just a few miles from my home. Families are even evacuating... Little stressful but our neighborhood is okay for now. So far Ryker has slept great--well every 2 hours; just like a newborn. My boobs are so huge. I thought about posting a picture but I won't. I sure love my huge perky ouchie boobs!



Week Two: Ryker hates me. He was curcumsized (I was in the room)..... He did so good. He didn't cry during the worst part of it. But he sure screamed as loud as he could once the doctor started talking to him. He has been screaming almost non-stop. He's pissed, in pain, and he spits up or spits out his medicine. I guess he's being "man" about this whole business. And hello gassy baby! He likes to be awake from 12am-4:40am. I'm a tired mama! He cries and squirms with those gas bubbles. Gas drops seem to help a little. Poor little baby. I also wonder how those super moms do everything. How the hell do you take care of baby/family all day, nap, cook, clean, workout, laundry, shower, pee, cook dinner, stay up all night, and then repeat? Somedays I feel like I'm failing. Jason has been doing laundry and dinner lately but I know it can't be that way forever. I think he does it mostly because he feels bad that I'm up all night with baby. ... It gets better, right?

Week Three: Ryker's shit barrel fires like a machine gun. Just when you think he's done, you can hurry and change him and just before securing the new diaper he reloads and shoots some more all over his blankets, my bed, and my clothes. Just today I've been peed on and shit on, my boobs leaked bad all over my bed, and spit up in my hair! Oh and don't forget about my furry beast legs!   Jason came home for a quick meal before finishing his work day. Ryker was still sleeping. I made a run for it! I showered. A long hot one! I even shaved, deep conditioned my hair, stood in hot water. It was amazing. Got out....baby still sleeping... I cleaned the kitchen, started the dishwasher, and 2 loads of laundry and made dinner! I don't feel like such a loser now. Oh and right as Jason came home, Ryker woke up and we had a blow out! He blew through his clothes, blanket, my 2 pillowcases, and my pillow. Yuck. I'm getting new pillows tomorrow. Yep--this is the life.... Lol I am sure I earned that mommy badge today! Gone are those days when I could shower at any moment....But this precious baby is so worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment