Friday, June 29, 2012

The Rest of My Story

The rest of the story...... about giving birth- I tore just a tiny bit. Only a couple stitches. And it was on my scar from my episiotomy before. Straight line tiny tear-all on the inside nothing on the outside. Yessssss!!! We also did encapsulate my placenta. Yep, that's right. Gross, right? Well- holy milk supply and I feel energized and rested instead of walking zombie status. I don't taste it or anything- it's a pill. I would so do it again. It was worth the $200. And bleeding is pretty much gone, already. Worth it-- I tell you! And the lady who did it for me, made the umbilical cord into a heart for a keepsake. Really cool!

It was amazing to have control over my body, no IV (well, not longer than 10 minutes), to be up and about including a shower right after, and discharged the very next morning. I would do it again. 2 days postpartum- Jason, Ryker, and I were out of the house celebrating with lunch, errands, and picking up those random little things we needed. And a little side-sleeper bed ($30) because Ryker refused to sleep in the $150 bassinet. We have a house FULL of sleepers! It's awesome. Go ahead- hate me. And less than a week later, I was able to get my single-digit jeans on! YEAH!!!!!!!! So happy about that! 


My amazing doula, Carrie Valadez & I. 
1 Week exactly today, I gave birth and became a mommy again. I love my life. I love my family.
And I'm living the baby-moon still. 

I didn't know my heart could hold SO much love.

1 comment:

  1. I love this!! And I'm so excited about your placenta. Sorry it took me so long to catch up. lol

    ReplyDelete